In order to provide transparency and consistency in fees for Troop 84 events, the Committee has established this policy for all events except for Summer Camp or other events where each attendee is charged fees by the Council or the organizing entity.
Adults who attend in order to fulfill the BSA requirements (at least 2 adults on all events, and one adult for every 10 youth) are performing a service to the unit, and will not be charged a fee for camping or food during the event. If there are additional per-person fees (such as park admission or equipment rental) each adult will be responsible for those.
Adults who choose to attend in excess of the BSA requirements (non-essential adults) will pay their share of the total cost, according to the same calculation that applies to the Scouts.
The Unit will not reimburse for gasoline or other travel-related expenses.
The cost to each youth will be:
- $12 for four meals ($3.00/meal Usually breakfast, lunch, dinner on Sat, and breakfast on Sun). Proration of meal fees: All meals are $3.00. If you attend an event, but do not stay for the whole time, you will not have to pay for the meals you miss.
- Plus the total amount of campsite reservations, divided by the number of Scouts plus non-essential adults. Proration of camping fees: If we are camping at a campsite that pays a flat rate independent of the number of scouts camping there, you will have to pay the full camping fee so long as you stay a single night or more*. If we are camping at a campsite that charges per scout, you will only have to pay for the nights that you camp.
- Rounded up to the nearest dollar.
- If you sign up for an event less than 10 days in advance, you will be charged a $5 Late Fee.
- If you sign up for an event less than 3 days in advance, you will be responsible for your own food for the entirety of the trip and could be responsible for your own transportation if there are no available seats in the vehicles that have already been arranged.