This hearty meal is perfect for cold-weather camping and is ready in mere minutes.
Instructions (Before Camp)
- Combine the vegetables, sage, thyme and bouillon in a plastic freezer bag.
- Place the potatoes in a second freezer bag.
- Carry the mushroom sauce and diced tofu separately.
Instructions (During Camp)
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil.
- Pour 2 cups into the potatoes and 1 cup into the vegetables.
- While the vegetables are rehydrating, sauté the tofu.
- Add the vegetables to the tofu, but don't drain the vegetables.
- Add the packet of mushroom sauce and stir well to help it thicken.
- Top the mixture with mashed potatoes before serving.
- 7 oz packet baked tofu (savory flavor)
- 4 oz packet mashed potatoes
- 1 packet mushroom sauce
- 1/2 cup dried mushrooms
- 1/4 cup dried mixed vegetables
- 1/2 tsp vegetable bouillon
- 1/4 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- Backpacking Stove
- Backpacking stove fuel
- 2 freezer bags