This this breakfast is full of flavor! Chorizo, a Mexican sausage, is made from either pork or beef. It features flavors of cumin, oregano, thyme, cloves, and chilis. Chorizo is paired with eggs for a delicious combination. Definitely different than the typical sage breakfast sausage.
These buritos can also be served with avocado, sour cream, and cilantro.
Instructions (Before Camp)
- Transport meat, eggs, and cheese in cooler.
Instructions (During Camp)
- Scramble 1 dozen eggs in a large mixing bowl
- Dice peppers and green onions.
- Spray skillet with non-stick spray and bring to temperature on medium heat.
- Once skillet is hot, brown the ground chorizo
- While browning chorizo, wrap 2 tortillas in wet paper towels and then wrap in aluminum foil.
- Place foil wrapped tortillas directly on stove burner on low heat. Warm each side for 1 minute only. Repeat until all 10 tortillas are warmed.
- When chorizo is fully browned, drain fat from skillet into metal container
- Mix scrambled eggs and diced peppers into drained chorizo in skillet
- Using a silicone scraper/spatula, continuously scrape cooked eggs from skillet surface until eggs are fully cooked.
- Place several spoonfuls of chorizo, egg. pepper mixture on a warm tortilla.
- Add Mexican Cheese and diced green onions to taste. Wrap burrito and enjoy.
- 1 pound ground chorizo
- 1 dozen eggs
- 16 oz shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 package 10 tortillas
- 1 bunch green onion
- 1 cup red pepper
- 1 cup orange pepper
- 1 skillet
- 1 large mixing bowl
- silicone tipped scraper/spatula
- camp stove
- non-stick spray
- paper towels
- aluminum foil